Email invitation template
This template can be adapted to use to invite participants when you are setting up a digital community of practice (DCoP). It could also be used to identify digital training needs. It is one of a set of related resources:
- This case study outlines how this process worked at Amgueddfa Cymru – National Museum Wales and how it could be adapted to suit your situation.
- This ‘how to guide’ takes you through the process of setting up a digital community of practice.
- This baseline questionnaire can be used to identify and map institutional and individual staff/volunteer skills when creating a digital community of practice.
- This sample evaluation form can be used regularly to establish how useful participants are finding the digital community of practice and to steer the direction of the network.
Suggested text to adapt to suit your situation:
Please join us for our first Digital Community of Practice meeting taking place at insert place or via insert online meeting space/video conference at insert time on insert date.
What is it?
This is a pilot project that aims to provide museum staff/volunteers/partners with an ongoing forum that aims to increase digital confidence.
Why should I attend?
These meetings are a forum where we can all:
- Increase awareness of digital initiatives taking place within the museum/across the authority/in local cultural institutions/in partner museums and find out who is involved in them.
- Get information and ideas on different themes and topics that can affect our ability to use digital technology effectively within the museum/across the authority/in local cultural institutions/with partner museums across the sector.
- Hear from and be inspired by speakers from outside the museum, who will be sharing their knowledge and expertise on the digital initiatives that they are involved with.
- Make connections within the museum/across the authority/in local cultural institutions/with partner museums to promote knowledge-sharing and collaboration.
Who is it for?
All members of staff/vounteers are encouraged to attend our meetings either in person (or via video conferencing/online if appropriate). If you are working with digital technology as part of your job or role at the museum, or if you are just curious about a topic, we would love you to join us.
Our first meeting will be held on insert date from 00:00 to 00:00
In person: Insert location, room number, etc. include map or travel details if necessary.
By video conference/online (if appropriate): Please feel free to attend by video conference. (Include information here on how participants can join/will be invited)
Accessibility requirements: If you need particular adjustments to be made to allow you to participate in this activity fully, please contact insert name and contact details of person running the meeting
The agenda for the meeting is:
00:00 If you are holding a physical meeting and people are travelling some distance, or to make them feel welcome (particularly if they are volunteers, are from outside your organisation or don’t get together regularly) you may wish to provide refreshments. This could be formally or informally catered.
00:00: Welcome and introductions
00:00 First speaker/s (job title/department/organisation): Subject of session
00:00 Questions and answers
00:00 Roundtable discussion
Questions? If you have any suggestions or need clarification on anything regarding this initiative, please feel free to contact [insert name(s) and email of point person(s) responsible for group].